Fun with the Robinson Family

Fun with the Robinson Family

Monday, May 20, 2013

Last Day

Micah's last day of school was last Thursday. I must have told myself (and others too) at least a hundred times...."I'm not going to cry." We have enjoyed being at BES this year. It has been totally different that I EVER expected. We have LOVED Ms. Greene. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better teacher to warm us up to "Big school." She is the best! I loved my visits with her, helping out in the classroom, and being at the school.... Not enough to make me be ready to go back to work, but I've said that when I do, I'd love to work with her. She has not only been a GREAT teacher this year, but she's been a good friend too. I am already praying for a good teacher for next year, although I am so stinking nervous Again! This year Micah excelled. He really did a great job at school, just got into a little trouble talking, and not following directions (surprise surprise) He got sent to a first grade class early on in the year for reading, and was tested and Passed the gifted test near the end of the year. Only 2 kindergartners passed, so they went with the first graders to their gifted class. Micah enjoyed that. He was only given one at home assignment and it was a Book Bag Project. I told him that I wouldn't help him at all, that it was HIS assignment. He ended up choosing a good book and did a great job.... Made a 100! I'm hoping that he continues to thrive in that class, and that he doesn't get kicked out :o He loved getting to go to first grade for reading as well. And I really liked the first grade teacher, if given the choice for next year, I would choose her in a heartbeat..... But she's pregnant and staying home with her baby next year :( As far as other teachers, I'm not sure. I just keep hearing that there are going to be a lot of changes. The principal is retiring, the AP is going back to the classroom, and several teachers are moving.... I loved the principal as well, I love the fact that she knew my son by name, and not because he was a trouble maker! I'm sure my principal never knew my name until I was in the 5th grade..... maybe?! My goal is to have a good summer, and not stress about next year. Here's hoping. 
I got this email from Ms. Greene a couple of weeks ago, and still laugh when I think about it!! 

I.don't.dress.up.....  Not even for Stevie B's! lol 

Micah's class had their end of the year party/ awards on Thursday morning. I got there a little early and got to watch them play outside for a little bit. Micah's buddy buddy with the SRO, she calls him her "little boyfriend" and has to come give him a hug :)


I only teared up a couple of times before the actual party began... nothing major, but I would have seriously been in tears had Micah been in the 5th grade walk! Now that is something emotional! We got to see our sweet neighbor Ashlyn. 


After the walk came an ice cream party, singing, and awards. Micah got "Radiant Reader" and Honor Roll. I did end up crying, but not too much, I began to cry and quickly made my exit. It's time for summer!

                                      




No comments:

Post a Comment