Fun with the Robinson Family

Fun with the Robinson Family

Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentines Day

I Love Valentines Day. I planned to have a perfect day. I spent way too much time on made Micah's cards and was quite pleased. He choose Angry birds for the girls,

Lego for the boys,

And a picture card for his favorite teachers. 

I even made him a sweet bucket to carry them to school in. 

I made some sweet cake carriers for his teacher and para-pro. They really liked them and the para-pro's thank you note said "It is the Best Valentine gift I have ever received." Wow! That was nice!

I planned to get up early so that we could have heart shaped biscuits at Chick-fil-A. Micah wasn't half as excited to celebrate the day of love as I was. He had an awful morning complete with whining, tears, frowns, and a whole lot of sadness. "This shirt doesn't fit." "I don't want to wear the red belt." "I don't want Chick-fil-A." A morning full of clues, that we were in for a not so fun day! 
All I wanted was a picture of my handsome 6 1/2 year old before school. That's not a lot to ask. Is it? He was NOT happy. 

I hoped that Micah's mood would change when we dropped him off at school.....
Patton and I headed to Chick-fil-A. We enjoyed our date and our biscuits, then we headed back to the school. 

The kindergartners got to have a "Queens and Quarterback social" during specials. It sounded like a whole lot of fun. All of the little people in the gym, music, dancing, my idea of fun. Micah still was "off." I wasn't the only one who noticed it. Most of his teacher friends mentioned it to me at some time or another. Most of the kids had a blast dancing to The Cha Cha slide, Call me Maybe, and Dynamite, Micah told Mrs. Greene, "I just don't want to dance." 

It was so strange to see him acting like that. I was sure he was getting sick. I got a couple pictures of him smiling, but way more of him sulking. Here's the class.  






Miss. Wages thought she could get him to dance. 

We love Ms. Duke!

These are 3 of Micah's favorites at the school. 
 
I asked Ms. Greene to keep my up to date on MIcah. I thought he might have to be checked out early. He just wasn't himself. I never heard back until later in the day. She said he was quiet, (which is VERY unusual) but seemed to be ok. 
After the dance, Patton and I came back home. we played outside for a little bit and he let me take some pictures of him in the last jon jon that he'll ever wear. We plan to begin potty training soon, and I don't put potty trained boys in jon jons :( I'm having a hard time watching my sweet sweet baby get so big. 
Patton was way more cooperative than Micah. I got a couple sweet ones!

When Stacy came home we swapped presents. I gave him a shirt, some heart little debbie cakes, an iTunes card, and I made him a shutterfly book. Nothing big at all. This is what he got me! AH! I am so excited!! He said "Imagine how nice Pinterest will look on there."

We had a family dinner at Amici and dessert at Heavenly Desserts. We ended up having a wonderful afternoon/ night. Micah seemed to be fine so hoping no trip to the Dr. Here is our sweet family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment