Fun with the Robinson Family

Fun with the Robinson Family

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Savannah Trip take 2

Although Stacy was a little upset that one of the cabinets that he was supposed to install in the Savannah job was too small, I was SO excited at the chance to go back. We Loved our first trip and couldn't turn down another one. Although it was VERY last minute and I was literally running from place to place trying to find a ball for my truck, getting to the trailer place as they were closing..... I was still excited! We ended up leaving our house on a Thursday night around 9:00, drove through storm after storm and got to Savannah at 1:30 Friday morning. We slept for a few hours before we were up and gone again. This time side we rode together we had to get up so that we could get Stacy to the job. Oh my goodness how I liked the family who he worked for! The lady was so super nice. She told me about an aquarium, nature trail, and park that she thought the boys would enjoy. While Stacy worked all day on Friday we took her advice and headed to the Skidaway Island Aquarium. It was so sweet and took us about an hour (maybe less) from start to finish.

 After we finished in the aquarium, we headed to the nature trail. The day was turning out to be beautiful, especially after the major storm (5-6 inches of rain) the day before. Being that being these boys Love the outdoors it was right up their alley. About 1/2 into the trail we came upon some people who said they couldn't finish the walk due to the amount of crabs that had taken over the walk way. That got Micah SO excited, there was NO turning back now! We never saw the Huge amount of crabs that they talked about, but we saw a good bit and that made Micah so happy! 
We made our way around until we came to the 300 year old tree... 
We had a great morning, but it was getting close to lunch time and if you know my boys, they Never miss a meal. We headed to downtown Savannah for lunch. We walked around for a while and saw boats and all kinds of crafters busy selling things. My favorite of all had to be the man who could twist wire into names. How cool is this?!

As the afternoon continued we began to get hot. I thought that maybe Stacy would be finished soon, but I was wrong. We drove around for a while and Ms. Martha called me with an update on Mama.... Things were going unbelievably well. We decided to give the Skidaway State Park a chance. We found a playground and let them play for a while. I examined the map and learned that down one of the walking trails there was an alligator pond. Again, I knew Micah would love that but I didn't tell him, not knowing how far down the path it was.... and it was stinking HOT. According to the map it looked like it might have been between 1/2 to a mile down the path. After we walked and pushed Patton for at least a mile and a half without seeing any alligators, or a pond at that... I told Micah that we needed to turn around and go back. He was NOT happy about that and wanted to finish the trail.... I think we were on the 5 mile one? I was hot and needed water real bad. So unhappily for Micah we headed back to the truck. We did end up seeing all kinds of neat things during our walk and that was Micah's favorite part.

When we left we headed to the Village Market for drinks.... in which I was the ONLY person with children, and the ONLY person under 70. It cracked me up. We messed around for a little while before receiving a call from Stacy saying that he was done. We headed to pick him up. He was finishing loading when we arrived so the sweet home owner offered to take us on a golf cart ride around the neighborhood. It was beautiful, quiet, perfect for a retirement community..... I wanted to move there SO bad! Since everyone had long days we called it a night early so that we could have beach fun the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment