Fun with the Robinson Family

Fun with the Robinson Family

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Micah is EIGHT!

I had the most difficult time this year. Months and months ago I had the coolest, most simple party planned in my head. It involved a magician (one of the best) and the ice cream bus (our favorite) I attempted to contact the magician over the span on 2 months. When I realized that nothing was going to come out of it, I was a little bummed to say the least. But I got over it. I decided that for the first time in 8 years that I wouldn't throw an extravagant birthday party for Micah. I have done that every year since the boy turned one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE planning parties, preparing for the party, and throwing the party. But oh boy, I just couldn't get into it this year. I knew early on that for the first time ever, he wouldn't have a pool party. There aren't many other things that you can do for an August birthday, it's just too stinkin' 
H O T! I thought about nearly every indoor location known to mankind. I looked online, I called, I priced. I had a hard time thinking that I'd spend $350-$450 for an hour- maybe 2 hours.  I talked to a lot of people. I even cried. But after I finally stopped to listen, I came to the conclusion that if you throw Big parties every.single.year, they won't be so memorable. I would rather the parties be memorable experiences than just a lot of hard work, time, and $ on my end. We finally decided that we'd let Micah invite a few friends to SkyZone. Now it was a matter of finding the time, between inflatables it was looking like it might be November. I was SO happy when we had a weekend that it was supposed to storm Friday-Sunday. On Friday at 4:00 I got a call canceling an inflatable. That opened up our Saturday. I quickly called Micah's friends that he wanted to invite. And with less than 24 hour notice, they were all excited and said they'd come! It was truly meant to be! We had never been to SkyZone before, but would go back in a heartbeat! It was the most fun that I've had in a while. Stacy and I may have been the only adults who were jumping but I didn't care, I had a BLAST!



Everybody had a great time. Micah was sad to leave. It was a fraction of the price I would have even paid to feed people at a pool party. I would say it was a success and I have no more regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment